Friends Reactions to New smile with Veneers
Q: I would like to move ahead and do my veneers, but I am afraid they just wont look natural. I see a lot of fake looking smiles out there.
A: With over 35 years of experience in porcelain veneers, crowns and dental implants, I know the work comes out looking “natural”. How do I know? The patients tell me after their treatment, they receive the following reactions from friends and relatives:
- Wow, you look great! I love your new haircut?
- Did you change your hair color; it looks great, you look younger!
- Did you go on vacation; you look well rested.
- Did you lose weight?
- Is that a new shirt?
- I “always” loved your smile! (Note the word “always”; as if you looked this great forever!)
Better to hear these comments vs. “Hey, you finally did your teeth!
How do we make the porcelain work look so natural?
- Adding irregularities and surface texture to the porcelain, called flutes and lobes
- Adding translucency at the chewing edges
- Keeping the widths of the veneers as close as possible to your original teeth
- Choosing an appropriate shade based on skin, hair and eye color and personality.
- Adding length to show more teeth in most cases for a more youthful look
- Building out the sides of the posterior veneers for a wider smile to fill out the dark unsightly spaces between the cheeks and teeth in a full smile.
- Veneering the correct number of teeth; only doing six looks awful. Most cases are 8-10 on the uppers, 8-10 on the lowers.
- Following Leonardo Divinci’s universal laws of proportions; the “Golden Ratio.”
Check out the veneer gallery page on our website for just some of our veneer cases.