New Smile with Veneers vs a Used Toyota
Q: my friend told me how much he spent on a new smile and I couldn’t believe it; he could have bought a car for that money.
A: As a diehard car guy, I often peruse cars.com between the teeth at my desk. Just weigh the pros and cons of investing in a new smile with Porcelain veneers vs a used Toyota with 70,000 miles on the clock.
- Every day the car is worth less and less as it depreciates into a rolling piece of scrap metal.
- The esthetics of the car will only go downhill; fading paint, outdated styling, cloudy headlights. The car will become ugly. A Kia or Toyota SUV will never be a collectible vintage car. Trust me.
- A lifetime of repairs and maintenance “drilling” a hole in your wallet.
- After the new car smell disappears, the thrill is gone. Only your drive thru food smells and your uncle Mo’s cigar will remain.
- Puts your life in danger every time you use it.
- You will not have this car in 5 to 10 years.
Your new smile: “priceless”
- Veneers never stain or change color
- they are “new” not “used” no smell of cigarettes and Brute cologne.
- No depreciation, actually as you age, you will always look 10 years younger
- Better social life/love life
- Makes you look great in photos
- People always ask our patients if they lost weight
- Your bite and chewing will improve
- You will have less wrinkles around the lips and face
- Your teeth will never be referred to as a “jalopy”, “beater” or a “lemon”.
- You most likely will have your gorgeous smile for the rest of your life.
- Maintenance is cheap: Brush, floss and see your hygienist three times per year.
- If you’re in sales, you will 100% increase your revenue. Especially realtors. I have seen it happen throughout my 35-year career!