Q: Why does it seem like I am constantly re-doing crowns? I am lucky to get seven years out of them!
A: I just sent back a pair of sneakers called allbirds; (yes, a lower case “a”.); Made famous by the Techies of Silicon Valley. In one week my big toe wore a hole through the top of the sneaker. I put some duct tape over the holes. Someone handed me a dollar bill while standing on a street corner! Good customer service lead to a new pair shipped overnight. (This time I clipped my toenails extra short.)
For the last eight years or more, we have incorporated a protocol that could likely lead to your crown lasting a lifetime. This will be covered extensively on November 1st at our evening seminar to the public; “Cosmetic and Implant Update 2018.” Details below.
- Anesthetic injections given with electronic anesthetic machines; not needle syringes from “days of yore.” Plus vibrating retractors that stop the pain from reaching your brain.
- Conservative reduction of the tooth, above the gum line to allow for easy cleaning and more accurate impressions.
- Laser troughing vs. packing retraction cords (thick yarn soaked in vasoconstrictors, jammed under the gum line to push the gum away during impressions; Sometimes making the heart race).
- NO-GAGGING GOOP! Digital impression scans with the iTero Element. (More accurate virtual models milled by robots, not the old plaster models.)
- Milled “BruxZir” crowns: ONE special lab that takes your 3-D scans and mills out a perfect metal-free crown with better fit, preventing decay forming underneath.
- Cements that bond the crown to the tooth below, vs. older cements that just act as a filler, until they wash out and the tooth rots.
- Hygiene visits with special cleaning instruments designed for these restorations every three to four months; not twice per year.
Editor’s Note: Dr. Josephs will be giving his latest FREE seminar to the public, “Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry Update 2018” on Thursday November 1st at 6:30pm at the Double Tree Hotel in Palm Beach Gardens, on PGA Blvd. All attendees receive a FREE copy of his book: “Tooth Talk: What Educated Dental Patients Need to know about 21st Century Dental Treatment.” Only 20 seats remain. Sign up today by calling 561-832-2917, or drop us an email. DENTAL PHOBICS WELCOME!!