Q: I almost fainted when my friend told me that she was about to spend $15K on a “new smile”, as she put it. Is this figure for real?
A: I almost “plotzed” when:
- My air conditioning company told me it will run me $15,000 to replace all the duct work in my attic to “lower my a/c bill and reduce humidity.” So far I can’t find one neighbor who has ever done this; even in homes older than mine.
- The owner of my gym told me Mercedes wants $17,000 to replace his transmission on his “just-out of –warranty” vehicle.
- When the caterer for next month’s seminar told me the price of the food and beverage. (I thought she confused my estimate with the Nussbaum Bar-Mitzvah party, apparently on the same day.)
Look. I do a ton of veneer cases for the last 30 years both in Manhattan and in Palm Beach. I was trained by the best: Rosenthal, Dickerson, Nash, Dorfman, Jordan to name a few, for those in the dental loop.
Although there are 150,000 dentists in the U.S., only a small percentage perform dozens of cases every year. Last year we did over 400 individual veneer units. (A typical case consists of 10 to 20 veneers.) This is a very artistic and demanding technique that only a few have mastered!
Cosmetic dentistry is not a recognized specialty of dentistry; it is simply an “emphasis of practice.” Just as a plastic surgeon can be known as a great “breast-man”, so too can some general dentists be known as a great “veneer-guy.” Most likely a DDS in Bakersfield, CA or Pahokee, FL, is not cranking out a whole lot of veneers.
For tips on how to choose the right doctor for veneers, I can share with you the answers from our patient survey in which we asked hundreds of our own veneer patients:
“What made you choose our office over others?”
- Website: veneer photo gallery.
- Google reviews.
- Our offer to meet and speak with our veneer patients.
- Use of digital impressions vs. “gagging goop” molds.
- High quality “local” porcelain lab.
- Not a cheap fee, but much less than in California and New York.
- Computerized electronic anesthesia.
- Many of our veneer patients are physicians and surgeons.
- Our staff affiliation with JFK Medical Center.
- My staff members are all patients.
All our hi-tech technique will be demonstrated on the evening of November 1st. Details below:
Editor’s Note: Dr. Josephs will be giving his latest FREE seminar to the public, “Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry Update 2018” on Thursday November 1st at 6:30pm at the Double Tree Hotel in Palm Beach Gardens, on PGA Blvd. All attendees receive a FREE copy of his book: “Tooth Talk: What Educated Dental Patients Need to know about 21st Century Dental Treatment.” Only 19 seats remain. Sign up today by calling 561-832-2917, or drop us an email. DENTAL PHOBICS WELCOME!!